This document contains a list of suggestions we've received in the past on the site updates posted to hq. This list will be updated as new suggestions come in, as well as when previous suggestions are implemented. Notes will be left next to suggestions that are either not feasible at this time, or are in progress.
- Email notifications for Messages and Notes.
- Searching artwork by color. (Search requires upgrading for this to be plausible)
- Searching for deviants by username. (Search requires upgrading for this to be plausible)
- A way to browse Commissions offerings. (In progress!)
- Collaborative deviations that would allow more than one deviant to be credited for one deviation.
- Deviation series. Some artists would like the ability to easily group sets of related deviations (e.g. comic book pages, a photoshoot series, literature chapters, etc.)
- Diacritics and non-romanized characters in deviation titles.
- Improvements to the "Submit to a Group" tool (e.g. sorting the list based on which Groups were most recently submitted to)
- Google +1 and Facebook Like buttons on deviation pages.
- Preserving color profiles in deviations.
- On deviation pages, the date that the deviation was submitted could link to a browse mode to see all deviations submitted on that date.
- Deviation Replies. This would allow artists to leave a deviation as a "reply" to a another deviation. (For example, after using a stock photo, an artist could leave a "reply" to the deviation showing the photographer what they created using their stock photo.) etherealism made a mockup of a similar idea.
- Add a "Last Edited" timestamp to deviations.
- General Message Center Improvements. Some members would like the ability to filter their messages, including; filter deviations by category, filter all messages by Friends List, etc. (Improvements planned for the future)
- Automatically update your Message Center count on your navigation bar while browsing.
- Increase the limit of deviations per page in the deviantWATCH section of your Message Center.
- Search in notes. (Search requires upgrading for this to be plausible)
- Conversation view for Notes. Some requested the ability to view all notes between you and another deviant.
Galleries & Favourites
- Add page numbers to "All" and Scraps.
- Search through favourites. (Search requires upgrading for this to be plausible)
- Subfolders for Collections.
- Browse Favourites by category.
- The ability to have private Collections.
- Being able to remove the Comments area.
- A "Featured Artist" widget. (Katara-Alchemist provided a mockup.)
- "Report Deviant" buttons on profiles.
- Consolidating the Watcher, Friends, Groups, and Recent Visitors widgets. See this mockup.
- Being able to see your own Poll's results without voting.
- On the Journal tab, longer journals should collapse so you can browse more easily.
- The ability to search Group galleries. (Search requires upgrading for this to be plausible)
- General improvements to the process of managing Groups, such as browsing member usernames by starting letter, or being able to redirect a Group submission to the correct folder from the Correspondence message. (AshDayArt made a mockup)
Comments & Critiques
- A comment rating system, which would allow the most supported comments to surface to the top and the least helpful comments -- including spam and harassment -- to be pushed down.
- Group collapsed comments (hidden and spam) together for easier browsing.
- Better formatting options for Critiques.
- The ability to create a custom list of frequently used emoticons.
Friends and deviantWATCH
- General improvements on organizing and editing one's Friends List, including listing Groups separately from friends, or in its own "Groups" section.
- Add a way to find artists based on their location.
Account & Settings
- Profile URLs becoming deviantart.com/username. If implemented, the old addresses would automatically send you to the new addresses. There are several technical advantages to making this switch which would speed up browsing and make the site more stable. This would also make it easier for us to offer an HTTPS Everywhere security mode.
- Add a smudge tool.
- Add the ability to change the size of the canvas without having to create a new canvas.
- Sta.sh needs to do a better job at introducing itself! For some folks it's daunting, and it's not clear what it's for.
- Add the ability to flip, crop, rotate, and filter images in Sta.sh.
- It is not possible to set a preview image for literature made via Sta.sh Writer.
- Allow uploading and submission of .doc, .docx, and .rtf filetypes.
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)