Thank you for all your help during this limited release. The feedback period has now ended.
For more information, see: The New deviantART Submission Process
Updates (November 13, 2012): We've added Prints integration, a "remember these settings" option, and a new method for updating your main, preview, and permissions files.
We're happy to inform you that you're part of a test group for the new Submit page! While the Submit page you're familiar with has been a long-standing part of deviantART, the new Submit page is designed to be more intuitive, user-friendly, and up to date with deviantART as it is today.
- You have several options for uploading your art! You can upload a file from your computer, select a file from your Sta.sh, or create a text document, all from the Submit page. Once a file has been uploaded, selected, or created, the Submit page will change to reflect that the submission process is in progress.
- You can now save and exit at any point in the submission process! If you choose to save and exit, your file and any settings you've chosen will be saved to your Sta.sh, so that you can pick back up with your submission when you're ready.
- Correctly labeling deviations as Mature Content has a positive impact on our community. Since Mature Content is a point of contention for artists and art appreciators alike, we have made it more prominent in the submission process, to ensure that the browsing experience is a good one for everyone.
- Since selecting a category is required for submission, we have expanded the entire category selector so that you can quickly and easily select a category for your work.
- To consolidate and speed up the submission process, we've collapsed optional features that are less frequently customized. These can be found under the Publishing Options menu.
- New! A checkbox has been added to the bottom of the Submit page that, when selected, will retain the settings you use for your submission, and then apply them to the next file you submit. For deviants who often submit with the same settings, this will make the submission process more fluid and efficient.
- New! After uploading a file, the "Change Main File" option (available under the pencil menu) allows users to replace the file that they uploaded. Originally, this feature used the old "File Deck" that was part of the old submission process. We've removed the File Deck to immediately allow you to select a file, for efficiency and ease of use.
Premium Content Platform
Premium Content has been enabled for all testers of the new Submit page!
The new Submit page makes submitting Premium Content quick and simple! If you'd like to sell your digital content as Premium Content, you can check the Premium Content box in the right column of the Submit page. On the next page, you'll be prompted to upload the content you want to sell, set your seller agreement, and price for download.
New! Prints Integration
The Prints submission menu has been incorporated into the Submit page! This change makes for a complete integration of the submission process, allowing you to upload, submit, and sell your art, all in one process, all from one page.
Try it Out!
Give the new Submit page a try! As always, the Submit page can be reached by clicking on the Submit menu in the top bar of the site.
If you have comments, questions, or other feedback, please feel free to leave them on this article.